Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cleric Class In-Depth Guide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sakuralein
Admin
Sakuralein

Honor Points : 5314
Noble Points : 4

Additional Information
BGH Status: Veteran
AIKA Class: Cleric
AIKA Level: 30

Cleric Class In-Depth Guide Empty
PostSubject: Cleric Class In-Depth Guide   Cleric Class In-Depth Guide Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Welcome to my little guide for new AIKA players deciding to become a cleric ! Very Happy

If you want to be a cleric you have to decide what kind of cleric you want to be ?
Pure Support, Full Support or Hybrid

Pure support means your taking care of your party members and nothing else.
Seriously, you CAN NOT play on your own, unlike other games where pure support (or even full support)
does at least some decent killing and is still able to lvl alone, you can completely forget about that in AIKA.
But on the other hand its much more fun than in other games and people really DO need you.
There is no way they can outheal the damage they get just with potions. They will have to sit and regen after every few kills without you, which gives you a much higher priority in AIKA and much more respect (thank god!)

Full Support means nearly the same as pure support. But you also get holy signet(DoT AoE) and holy tempest (AoE DMG) lvl 1 (which is enough). You can do some killing in PVE aswell as in PVP. Those skills are very usefull to annoy your enemies and also make them waste their potions.

Hybrid is exactly what it sounds like. You only get the support skills you really need to survive and rest goes into attack skills. You can kill on your own, you never run out of HP and the only CON is that you use more MP Potions than the other 2 options.

Lets have a look at the clerc skills now.

Holy Arrow :
Basic attack skills, good in the beginning, even on lvl 1. But later on its just a point eater.

Cure :
Your basic Heal skill.At first it seems kinda weak and just when you are about to ditch it...
Its starting to get better Very Happy
You get a passive ability called "Exalt" that will reduce the MP cost and increase the amount of the HP it can heal.

Angelic Armor :
Well I guess this is where everything will try to argue with me, but honestly its a waste.
It doesnt protect against magic, which makes it kinda pointless in PVP. Sure you can resist 1 attack in PVP and 2 or 3 attacks in PVE, but the cooldown and the MP cost is just not worth it. Just use a normal heal instead.

Rejuvenate :
The BEST skill you will ever get. At higher levels it can completely outheal normal attacks and if you get a critical hit, you just use a normal heal in addition and you're good to go.

Ressurect :
Well... its not completly useless but let me tell you, you wont cast it very often.
Leaving it at lvl 1 is enough.

Haste :
In dungeons useless, in PVP a bit helpfull in PVE......well it helps you run faster from quest giver A to quest giver B.
But lvl 1 is more than enough ^^

Bless :
The 2nd BEST skill you will get. Some say its not worth the points but they are wrong.
Lets say a paladin does 200 dmg and can attack 5 times in 5 seconds.
With bless lvl 7 he will deal 40 extra damage (ignoring DEF) each hit. So 5*40=200 bless actually doubles the damage if you look at it in a more strategic way. Besides, it raises the power of your heal skill aswell.

Exalt & Shroud of Turin :
Both passive abilitites. One reduces MP consumtion for Heal and the other for your Buffs.
They also raise the amount of HP you can heal and the duration of Buffs.
Some are already saying that its useless, but they probably never visited a bigger dungeon.
You will actually be happy that ur buffs last longer, believe it or not.

Healing Corona :
One of the most useless skills you will get. Even tho I have to suggest you get it at lvl 1.
The casting time is so awfull that you will never get to cast it in PVP and rarely in PVE.
True it heals much and true it heals them all at once... but if you are interrupted they all die cause you dont have enough time to recast it or cast a heal afterwards. Its only usefull in dungeons, after your team defeated a bunch of mobs, you can heal them all at once before you move on to the next mob group.

Holy Signet & Holy Tempest :
The best cleric atk skills you can get. HS is a DoT AOE that will also reduce the enemys resitance to holy attacks.
In combination with HT you can kill mobs at your level with 1 or 2 skills even with the skills being at lvl 1 !!

Pran choices :
Some suggest to go Water, but thats actually not your best choice.
As cleric you aim for not being targeted at all so the bit more DEF the Water Pran Buff gives is rather useless.
The better alternative would be a Wind Pran. The buff gives you reduced MP cost for 20 seconds.
True, its only 20 seconds and at low lvls the reduced MP cost isnt thaaat awesome. But believe me, later you are happy for every option that can save your precious MP Potions ^^

Well thats it for now, the other skills are not released yet
but you can get a preview with this skill calculator.

http://aika-tools.6.ql.bz/skill/en/skill.html?j=prs
Back to top Go down
http://www.benriya-guild.eu
Weihet
Benriya Freshmen
Weihet

Honor Points : 5189
Noble Points : 1

Additional Information
BGH Status: Member
AIKA Class: Cleric
AIKA Level: 22

PostSubject: Re: Cleric Class In-Depth Guide   Cleric Class In-Depth Guide Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:17 pm

Nice Guide!!!Very Happy Much better then my own Razz.Um..may I add something?You can combine the Hs and HT combo with reju or AA,since you will have to pull a group of mobs.The Cd of AA is 20 sec and it goes down by 1 for each lvl i think,thats not much.
Back to top Go down
Anex
Benriya Freshmen
Anex

Honor Points : 5189
Noble Points : 1

Additional Information
BGH Status: Member
AIKA Class: Paladin
AIKA Level: -

PostSubject: Re: Cleric Class In-Depth Guide   Cleric Class In-Depth Guide Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:09 pm

Looks much better then the guides i have put up T_T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleric Class In-Depth Guide   Cleric Class In-Depth Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleric Class In-Depth Guide
Page 1 of 1